Sunday, May 6, 2012

Update 5/6/2012

Been a while since I posted! Construction of the RR portion (Milton branch) is well along, "main line" (all 10 feet of it) has been laid, and the staging yard started. The various spurs for Baker Chocolate have begun, with the bridge over the Neponset installed. I am currently working on the diamond where the power plant spur crosses the factory spur, this is being scratch built, using PC board ties and soldering.

On the trolley side, no progress yet. I did redesign the Mattapan terminal to simplify it and remove the curved crossing which looked like a bear to build. I am also working on a PCC car, starting with an old Bowser casting I bought back in 1971, adding details to make it resemble the MTA/MBTA "All-Electric" cars which ran on this line at various times. The reason I chose that car to model is that it most closely resembles the Bowser model which I believe is a Philadelphia prototype. Down the road I am thinking of adding a type 5, Miniatures by Eric has a nice resin casting, I would just need to add a drive and paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment