Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I think I have finally come to a decision ...

... on the layout. After going back and forth about trolley only vs. trolley + railroad, I came to the conclusion that just doing a railroad would provide the most operating interest. So my current thoughts are to freelance a little and imagine the Milton Branch as though the Mattapan trolley had never been built, and that commuter service had continued on the branch (probably unlikely but it gives me the excuse). So we have a single track branch with several industries leading to a small yard at Mattapan, the other end terminating in a staging yard that represents the Old Colony main. Along the route are several stations served by frequent commuter service mostly provided by RDC's with an occasional coach train pulled by Alco PA's or RS3's.

I have started a new track plan, should have it done in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment